Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Foggy London

It is a very foggy and cold London today. One of those Sherlock Homes style days that you don't really want to go outside and face the world, for fear of meeting some Moriarty-style character on the 87 bus. Tonight will be the usual battle of me wanting to cook a cauliflower curry and have a Alsace Pinot Blanc, while watching Champions League on Sky. Kate will want pasta and have a Cab Sav from Coonawarra and either no TV or something we've recorded i.e. ER. I may have to put my foot down. We've got a great Cauliflower from Abel and Cole http://www.abelandcole.co.uk/ this week and I really want to do something with it, rather than let it fester in the fridge and use it for soup at some point. Plus the Pinot Blanc I have is 2005 Pinot Blanc Reserve, Cave de Turckheim from Threshers (£8.99). Joanna Simon from the Times reviewed it last summer - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/wine/article2044567.ece. Will let you know what I think of it and will give you a verdict on the football too. Salut! Jason

No comments: